All rooms at The Top House have spectacular views of Lake Taupo and the Central Plateau. They provide generous and elegant areas for entertaining with the main living room leading out to both front and back decks of the house.
In the cooler months an open fire can be lit to compliment the heat pumps and add a welcome and cosy atmosphere. The other end of the open plan living area has a flat screen TV with Sky (satellite TV) and stereo. You still feel part of the guests at the other end of the room or may prefer to retreat downstairs for a more concentrated viewing in the downstairs lounge area. We also provide wireless broadband.
The Top House kitchen is well appointed and equipped with two electric ovens, gas hobs, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and plenty of crockery, glassware and cutlery. A kitchen island provides an extra sink and insinkerator and extra work space. We provide tea and coffee and the basics for cooking.
A dining table which accommodates up to 14 guests stands in the middle of the room with awe inspiring views. All the bedrooms are double rooms which have commanding views of the lake. The master bedroom upstairs at the end of the house has a Californian king size bed and ensuite with two person large bath located to relax and savour the view, two basins, shower, toilet. The other two bedrooms upstairs have super king beds which can be split into two king singles if required. They share an interconnecting bathroom with two basins, shower and toilet.
All bathrooms have quality towelling, heated towel rails and blow wavers. There is a third toilet off the hallway upstairs to accommodate guests. (The only room in the House which doesn’t have a view). The downstairs master bedroom is away from it all with either super king or twin singles and downstairs bathroom, the lounge area with satellite TV and DVD player can accommodate an extra two guests with super king bed or two king singles.
The games room with a large billiard table and stereo can also accommodate another two guests with superking or two king singles beds. This is an ideal area for the children to have their own space! The laundry is also downstairs with washing machine, drier, iron and ironing board. Two outdoor decks with outdoor furniture and a gas barbeque available for outdoor cooking.
Key points of the house
- Private party bookings
- 4 superking/twin bedrooms with Quality linen
- 1 ensuite with large 2 person bath and 2.5 private bathrooms
- Hair dryers, toiletries, demist mirror, heated towel rails and double basin in all bathrooms
- Open fire, 2 x Satellite TV, 2 x stereo/cd players, billiards table, playstation, DVD player
- Spacious well equipped kitchen
- On site parking, helipad, flood lit tennis courts, walking tracks, world renowned trout fishing from rocks, private beach, 2 x boat ramps and boat parks
- NZ art throughout the house
- Laundry, on site parking, helipad, security gates and gas barbeque
- Wireless broadband. High chair and portacot available on request